Wednesday 18 April 2012

Magazine Research

Top Of the Pops
Price- The price varies depending on what is in the issue but it never more than £3.00.
Frequency- Monthly
Distribution: Newsagents and supermarkets

Issue size- 62 -pages 
Style- Relaxed, chatty and informal.
Rationale- Both perspectives of the fans and the people in the business as the interviews, reviews ect. are written by people in the business, but fan's can write in and have there say in the form of letters.
Features-The world of The Wanted, reader survey, Taylor Launter, Strictly personal with Harry Judd, Loving your look, Winter blues.  
Regulars- your problems solved, competitions, Oops Embarrassing celeb snaps, Gossip2go, We love shopping, high street hotlist, Everyone's wearing..., your stars, your say.



Teen now
Even though Teen Now isn't a music magazine it is aimed at the same audince that I want to aim my magazine at, so I think that by looking at this magazine it will help me design my own to suit my target audience

Price- £2
Frequency-Monthly 
Issue size-92 pages
Distrabution-Newsagents, supermarkets
Style- Informal, chatty and short paragraphs.
Rationale- Both fan's and editiors perspective is used to give the opinion of both.
Features-One direction, Twenty Twety, The Wanted, X-factor quiz, Jessie J, Jason Derulo, Breaking dawn 
Regulars-This month were feeling, the hottest news, now your talking, horoscopes, problems, real life role models, Beauty news.

Bliss
Even though Bliss isn't a music magazine it is aimed at the same audince that I want to aim my magazine at, so I think that by looking at this magazine it will help me design my own to suit my target audience


Price- £2.50
Frequency-Monthly 
Issue size- 98 pages 
Postioning statement- The UK's BIGGEST teen mag
Style- Informal, chatty style makes the reader feel as if they are reading something from a friend rather than a editor.
Rationale- Both fan's and the editors point of view. 
Features- You booze, you lose?, Waiting to date, The wanted, Meet Belle aime, Cake that!, The acid test, Patz amazing!  
Regulars- Yourspace, OMG!, Shop 'til you drop, subscribe, book club, surgery, blisscopes


No comments:

Post a Comment