Wednesday 18 April 2012

Article research

I looked at double page spreads in existing magazines for the sort of questions which I will ask the band 'JUiCE'. From this I found out that the questions are chatty, informal and sound as if they are taking to a friend. There is mostly gossip questions asked but also there is questions which ask about tour dates and gigs.

These are some of the questions I found as inspiration for my own questions:
'Who's the better singer-Dappy or Frazer?'- TOTP
'Hi Dev, great to meet with you! What have you been up to in the UK?'-TOTP
'Is the new album a bit more dancey than the last one?'-Teen Now
'So what do you find really attractive in a guy?'-Teen Now
'We you tempted to go out in disguise to hide from the fans?'- Bliss
'Where do you keep your awards? The loo?'- Bliss

From these questions I have learnt that they are all a informal, chatty style which lets the reader get personal with the artist and get to know more about there day to day life and not just their gigs. From this research here are my chosen questions:

My interview questions:
-Hey JUiCE, we can’t wait to see more of you! So what’ve you got planned?
What sort of sound would you say that your music is?
-What made you want to start a band?
What's been your favourite gig so far and why?
Saying this, What venue do you aspire to play at one day?
Are there any acts in the UK currently that you would like to work with?
If you could be anyone else for a day who would you be and why?
Now let’s get JUiCEY! What sort of girl do you go for?
So you have a song called ‘Accidentally girlfriend’ the big question is, would you ever date a fan?
If you could live in a TV series which one would you live in and why?
I will also be asking 2 or 3 fans to say what they thought of the gig ect. theses are my chosen questions below.
How and where did you first hear about JUICE?
On a rate of 1-10 what would you rate there gig and why?
What's your favourite song of there's to hear live? 
What bands/artists do you think they are similar to and why? 
Would you ever go to the concert again? why?
I researched the bands for there likes dislikes ect. so that I could include these in my article. Firstly I started off by looking at there facebook pages:

I then looked at the bands facebook page for more information. 

Fan interview questions and responses:
How and where did you first hear about JUICE?
Sarah: ‘My friend (@nickylovesmcfly) has supported them for 2 years and i'd keep seeing her commenting on their twitcams, and nicky was always raving about them so I thought i'd check out one of their twitcams and bam they had me’
Louise:  I went to Townley live in August 2011 and they were playing which made me want to know more about them plus my friend Beth who came with me wouldn’t stop talking about them!
Heather: I found out from my friends as some of them already knew them and they got me listening to them on Youtube and looking at their page on Facebook
On a rate of 1-10 what would you rate there gig and why?
Heather: I’d say 9! Because the band were absolutely amazing and it was really enjoyable, the only thing that let it down was people who had bought tickets cheaper than me were allowed to push to the front and this spoiled my view, but all in all It was one of the best concerts I’ve been to!
Sarah: 10 it was absolutely amazing. The best I have ever seen the boys perform! I'm just so proud of them even though they did make me cry at one point.
What's your favourite song of theirs to hear live?
Louise: Accidently girlfriend! It’s just really catchy and sticks in your head! I loved the covers that they did too.
Sarah: I love Hope for the best prepare for the worst. It's such an amazing song, and the boys (especially chris) sound stunning. It makes me cry every time I hear it. I also love Alright too.
Heather: I’d say Lets Go even thought I love all of their songs, there’s just something about it that makes me smile and sing along.
What bands/artists do you think they are similar to and why?
Heather:  I think there quite pop, so like a One Direction mixed with Mcfly sort of sound.
Louise: Mcfly and Busted.
Sarah: They have a very pop/rock sound. Quite similar to McFly and Busted, although I hate it when they are introduced as 'the next McFly' McFly are McFly and JUiCE are JUiCE they are similar but there are differences.
Would you ever go to the concert again? Why?
Sarah: Yes! Completely I want to go back and relive it over and over again. I miss the boys already!
Louise: Defo! I want to go VIP too, the boys are so nice and put on an amazing show which I wouldn’t want to miss!


No comments:

Post a Comment